Thursday, June 26, 2008

Too Cool for School


Gavin sporting Daddy's $10 sunglasses (cheap kiosk in the mall). Gavin can say "turtle" and "airplane" now. Here he is eating a cream cheese bagel, yummmmm!












Daddy is essentially back in school now (though I just finally finished my undergraduate degree at UW). So after work, I have class nearly every evening. And when I come home from class, I cannot rest, I must read. Schedule for this quarter:
  • Mondays and Tuesdays - Work, Class1, read 20 pages of GMAT book

  • Wednesdays - Work, no class!, read 20 pages

  • Thursdays - Class1, Work, Class2, read 20 pages

  • Fridays - Work, Class3, read 20 pages


I have set the goal of 20 pages per night because the GMAT book has 800 pages, I am on page 182, and there are only 7 weeks until the test. Maybe it would be easier if I wasn't taking these 3 other classes (I calculated them to be the equivalent of 11 credits, or semester hours, excluding the GMAT studying). So with GMATs it's like a full load of credits, plus my day job (writing for 3 teams simultaneously). Whatever I didn't read during the week, I must read over the weekend.

But I strongly feel that apart from Gavin, studying is the best way to redeem my time. I wish I could see him everyday like before, but most likely I will see him roughly half the time (weekends and a weekday maybe), because that is what the world has deemed to be fair and equitable. And when it comes to Gavin, I'll take whatever I can get now.




Gavin's artwork captured with camera phone before home was sold.

I call this "Monochrome Crayola on Latex Partition - 2008".

Go ahead and click on the picture, I know you want to enlarge it.

No comments: